Sunday, September 26, 2010

REVIEW: 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System

I found out about this kit when I was putting away freight at my job (Autozone), and it was on our new Paint planogram. I immediately stashed it away and bought it at a later date. I figured I'd share my experience with it.

I was quite pleased with the results, and it was pretty easy to use. I ended up using 1 sanding disc per headlight, 1 finishing, and about 2 applications of the polish. You may need more/less depending on how messed up your headlights are.



"Plastic lenses can yellow with age, reducing headlight brightness, and new lenses can be expensive. The 3M™ Headlight Lens Restoration System lets you shine and restore plastic lenses, including headlights, taillights, fog and directional lights. Now you can produce professional results with the 3M™ Headlight Lens Restoration System and a household drill (1200-1600 rpm)."




Contents:
- 6 500g Sanding Discs
- 4 800g Finishing Discs
- 1 Trizact Disc
- 1 Disc Pad Holder
- 1 Soft Interface Pad
- 1 Buffing Pad
- 1oz Headlight Lens Polish


Tools Needed:
- 12v Drill (1200-1600 RPM)
- Masking Tape
- Spray bottle of water / detailing spray
- Terry/Microfiber Cloth


Test Subject:
1998 Civic 1.4i Valeo OEM Headlights (EDM)











Review Form " honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2296488





No comments:

Post a Comment